View this short video to learn quick visual tips for identifying the difference between a scholarly and popular article. (1:32 minutes)
New York Times Online (1851 - present)
We are transitioning to a new way to access the New York Times. To get started:
1) Go to http://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/ while you are ON CAMPUS
2) Search for Eckerd College
3) Log into your existing NYT account (if you have saved a profile) OR create a new one.
4) Proceed with the setup instructions to start your access.
5) After this initial setup, you can use this same account to login via all your other devices and access the NY Times from anywhere, on or off campus.
To search the NYT Archives via the TimesMachine (full page issues) go to:
When accessing links on the library website from off-campus, users will need to be logged into their Eckerd Gmail account. If you are already logged into your Eckerd gmail account on your browser, you will see the following page to choose an account. For more information, see our FAQ page.