How Streaming Videos Work
Streaming videos can be streamed
- on or off-campus
- to PCs (Flash required) or Macs (no other software required)
- auto bandwidth detection allows videos to be streamed at the most appropriate video quality for uninterrupted streaming.
- unlimited simultaneous views
This allows streaming videos to be used
- in the classroom
- embedded into course Moodle pages
- as part of course reserves
- by students outside of the classroom for required assignments
Ways to use streaming videos both in and out of the classroom:
- Stream clips or full length films in the classroom
- Link to or embed films in course website
- Create assignments for a specific film, requiring students to analyze or interpret by watching film on their own.
- Finding examples of bias in a documentary
- Demonstrating lighting/filmmaking principles
- Have students create clips to incorporate into assignments or presentations
As a new teaching resource, we invite you to come up with more ways to utilize video within your courses and hope you will share your experiences with us in return so we can make more informed decisions regarding streaming video access in the future. Feel free to send feedback to email@example.com.