This sections provides guidance on how to better integration library resources into Moodle. In addition, we highlight how to embed content using the following tools and resources:
The Moodle Lightbox gallery add-on provides instructors with the ability to add image galleries to their Moodle courses. Instructors are able to create, edit, and delete galleries as needed. This is a great resource for showing high quality images from Library databases such as ARTstor, or incorporating images found online, or from your own collections.
With the Lightbox gallery, you can:
When students login to their Moodle course, they will see a link for the Lightbox gallery under the relevent section/date for the class:
When students click the link to Lightbox gallery, they will see the gallery page with the thumbnails and associated information for each image.
Instructions for how to:
Persistent links are permanent or stable links to an electronic article or resource from a library database that will allow a user to access the article at a later time. When linking to resources in library databases, it is best to use the persistent or durable links provided by the database because merely copying the URL will not work, as those contain session information which changes per user. The persistent link will also have our proxy information appended to it, which means that the link will work for both on and off-campus users. Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) will also provide links to the publisher version of an electronic article, but may not include our proxy information for access the link remotely.
Persistent links are available through most library databases. Here are instructions for accessing them from a number of our resources:
1) Search for an article or e-Book relevant to your course.
2) Click on the article title to see the article record, containing options for Cite, Permalink, and Pin on the right.
3) Click the Permalink button. Copy and paste this link to your course Moodle page where you would like the article to appear
When your students click on this link, they will be taken OneSearch to view the full text of the article.
1) In PsycNET, search for an article relevant to your course.
2) Click on the article title to see the article record.
3) In the Citation section, note the hyperlinked DOI (digital object identifier) code, circled in orange below. This contains the persistent link for the article. Right click the link to copy the link and then paste it to your course Moodle page.
On the item detail page, the persistent link is on the right side of the image. Click the 'Copy' button to copy the link.