The Moodle Lightbox gallery add-on provides instructors with the ability to add image galleries to their Moodle courses. Instructors are able to create, edit, and delete galleries as needed. This is a great resource for showing high quality images from Library databases such as ARTstor, or incorporating images found online, or from your own collections.
With the Lightbox gallery, you can:
When students login to their Moodle course, they will see a link for the Lightbox gallery under the relevent section/date for the class:
When students click the link to Lightbox gallery, they will see the gallery page with the thumbnails and associated information for each image.
Instructions for how to:
Persistent links are permanent or stable links to an electronic article or resource from a library database that will allow a user to access the article at a later time. When linking to resources in library databases, it is best to use the persistent or durable links provided by the database because merely copying the URL will not work, as those contain session information which changes per user. The persistent link will also have our proxy information appended to it, which means that the link will work for both on and off-campus users.
Persistent links are available through most library databases. Here are instructions for accessing them from a number of our resources:
1) Search for an article or e-Book relevant to your course.
2) Click on the article title to see the article record, containing options to Add to Folder, Print, and E-mail on the right.
3) Click the Permalink button on the right toolbar. Note the Permalink that appears above the article title. Copy and paste this link to your course Moodle page where you would like the article to appear
When your students click on this link, they will be taken to the page above, where they can click on the PDF Full Text link to the article on the left.
In Proquest databases:
1) In any ProQuest database, click on the article title to see the article record.
2) Scroll all the way down to the Indexing section. The persistent link is listed under Document URL. Highlight the link and copy and paste it to your course Moodle page.
1) In PsycNET, search for an article relevant to your course.
2) Click on the article title to see the article record.
3) In the Citation section, note the hyperlinked DOI (digital object identifier) code, circled in red below. This contains the persistent link for the article. Right click the link to copy the link and then paste it to your course Moodle page.
On the item detail page, the persistent link is on the right side of the image. Click the 'Copy' button to copy the link.